Smokeboat Quiz #41
Distilling Systems - Part 3.
1) Snorkel conversion of Model X-1 units, eliminated the manometer and installed a:
a) automatic by-pass valve
b) compound gauge
c) vacuum gauge
d) levelometer gauge
3) When starting the Model X-1, the compressor would be started ______ after turning on the heaters.
b) one hour
c) one and a half hours
d) two hours
5) Which of the following would not be a logical cause of high compressor pressure on the Model X-1 distiller?
a) steam trap stuck in the open position
b) a plugged air vent oriface
c) sealed tubes in the evaporator
d) an air leak in the evaporator
7) A noisy compressor may be caused by:
a) insufficient viscosity of the oil
b) tight belts
c) both of the above
d) none of the above
9) The oil slinger on the 3 lobe compressor is installed with:
a) the large diameter toward the inside retainer
b) the large diameter away from the inside of the retainer
c) the large diameter toward the outside of the retainer
d) the large diameter away from the outside of the retainer
2) When starting the Model X-1, when the manometer shows 6 inches, set the feed rate at ______ GPH.
4) Which of the following would not cause a low feed flow in the rotameter of the Model X-1 distiller?
a) dirty heat exchanger
b) dirty strainer on the feed pump discharge
c) a salt leak in the exchanger
d) scaled feed piping
6) Sealed tubes in the evaporator, on the Model X-1, will probably cause:
a) low compressor pressure
b) high compressor pressure
c) low feed pressure
d) high feed pressure
8) Which of the following statements concerning disassembly of the vapor compressor is correct?
a) end plates should be match marked
b) bearing retainers will slip out after removal of retainer plate
c) the dowels that position end plate to the cylinder remain in the end plate
d) all of the above are correct
10) When cleaning the Model X-1 3/4" tubes with the expanding wire brush, the tubes must be:
b) full of water
c) either full of water or dry
d) kept wet
Quiz powered By Website Abstraction