Smokeboat Quiz #26
Air Systems - Part 3.
1) When the hammer valves to the 600# manifold are opened, the pressure will build up quickly if the ______ .
a) submarine has excessive down angle
b) air banks are at maximum pressure
c) regulator valves are partly shut
d) submarine is at great depths
3) Including the group stop check valve, there are a total of ______ valves comprising the forward group.
5) The ships service air system supplies air to all compartments on the ship at pressures ranging from ______ to 225# psi.
7) The 225# air system is hydrostatically tested to ______ psi.
9) Air is supplied at a pressure of 100# for use of the:
a) lube oil system
b) sanitary tanks
c) fuel system
d) pneumatic tools
2) Air to the 600# blow manifold passes from the high pressure air manifold through ______ to the individual tank blow valves.
a) reducers, hammer valves and stop check valves
b) hammer valves, reducers and stop check valves
c) hammer valves and stop check valves
d) stop check valves and regulators
4) The air flow through the 600# manifold is regulated by:
b) hammer valves
c) stop check valves
d) regulator valves
6) The ballast tanks that can be blown or vented from the 225# manifold are:
a) safety, auxiliarys 1 & 2, negative
b) forward and after trim, forward and after WRT, auxiliarys 1 & 2
c) forward and after WRT, auxiliaries 1 & 2
d) forward and after trim, auxiliaries 1 & 2
8) The 225# air manifold has a total of ______ valves.
10) The 225# air manifold can be supplied air by ______ different methods.
Quiz powered By Website Abstraction